In order to perform to your true potential as an athlete, it is important to take care of yourself and your body. Whether you are high level athlete who participates in multiple competitions a year, or simply gearing up for your first. There are some key elements to ensure your success during and after an event.
- Nutrition – high quality wholefood will increase performance gains, speed up recovery, and build a strong, lean body
- Sleep – an athlete requires more sleep in order to recover from a hard day of training. It is recommended to get 8-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep
- Hydration – optimal hydration levels are a must. You want to make sure that you are drinking enough water, as well as supplying your body with electrolytes to optimize the function of your body.
- Supplementation – high demands on your body mean you need to support its function. This includes your musculoskeletal system, your liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, etc. The higher the function of your organs the better you will assimilate nutrients and therefore perform.
- Physical therapies – are used to keep your joints and spine aligned, ensure proper muscle function, and enhance recovery. These therapies include but are not limited to acupuncture, spinal manipulations, electrostimulation, and injection therapies.
- Stress management – training several hours a day, several times a week puts an enormous stress on your body. It is important to minimize and learn to manage any other stressors in your life.